Communications agencies usually handle the dull stuff like media releases and annual reports, right? Well, that's already changing, and this agency, one of the world's biggest, is teaching its clients how to inject real creativity into their corporate communications.
This approach is already working at their other offices worldwide, and they are now seeking a Japanese-speaking Creative Director to do the same in Tokyo. This is a senior role which heads up one of the agency's four internal teams and is equivalent to VP.
- Bring a creative dimension to client pitches, always showing how novel ideas can transform perceptions of the client's brand.
- Develop communication strategies that engage directly and emotionally with customers, employees and investors.
- Consult with long-term clients on creative solutions.
- Manage and develop a small content team, while also working with external vendors to execute ideas.
- Perform final QA on the creative assets coming out of the agency.
- Clients include major global firms in the consumer, tech, healthcare and finance industries.
- At least 3 years' experience as a Creative Director or Senior Art Director.
- Agency experience preferred, with finely-honed pitching skills.
- Able to manage people and projects smoothly and with the minimum of drama.
- Able to work across boundaries: as comfortable in a boardroom as in a studio.
- Business-level Japanese and English required.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with other Creative Director positions.
- Initially contract-based, then becomes permanent.
- Access to global network of creative collaborators.
- Picturesque central Tokyo location.
Click the Apply Online button below, give us your details and we'll get back to you. Simple as that.