We're working with a boutique advertising agency that serves a prestigious global client. The client is a giant in the consumer tech and entertainment industry and has a long history of working with this agency to manage its brand identity worldwide.
Right now, they have an opportunity for an experienced Media Director in Tokyo to lead the translation of the brand's global identity into the Japanese market. The role would suit someone with agency experience who is looking to work in close cooperation on a long-term basis with an innovative technology client.
- Manage all media strategy, planning and development for the client in Japan.
- Achieve the best balance of all available media including OOH, digital, TV and print.
- Serve as brand guardian and always strive for the highest quality for the client.
- Take ultimately responsibility for all media execution in Japan; develop and inspire a talented media planning team under your leadership.
- Continually research the local market to find strategic and innovative new ways to reach consumers.
- Attend global and regional summits to share insights and collaborate on strategy.
- At least 5 years' experience at an advertising or media agency.
- Wide and deep understanding of the media landscape in Japan.
- Excellent communication skills; able to present confidently on the realities and specials needs of the Japan market to senior global colleagues.
- Leadership and people management capabilities.
- Business-level Japanese and English.
Salary & Benefits
- Base salary for this position is up to 10M JPY.
- Annual bonus, flexible working, and standard company benefits.
- Regular business travel to the US and regional head offices.
Click the Apply Online button below, give us your details and we'll get back to you. Simple as that.