We're working with a boutique advertising agency that serves a prestigious global client. The client is a giant in the consumer tech and entertainment worlds and has a long history of working with this agency to manage its brand identity worldwide.
The agency now has an opportunity for an experienced Strategic Planning Director in Tokyo to lead the brand's communication brief for Japan. The role would suit someone with agency experience eager to work closely with a premium client in the long term.
- Strategise and communicate the client's brand strategy for the Japan market.
- Work cross-functionally with creative, media and account teams to execute on the communication brief.
- Make critical decisions for your client's brand, even at short notice.
- Manage and develop a team of talented junior and mid-level planners.
- Attend global and regional summits to share insights and collaborate on strategy.
- At least 5 years' experience of brand strategy and communications.
- Experience leading strategy for a global consumer brand in Japan.
- Excellent understanding of consumer behavior and trends in Japan.
- Excellent communication skills; able to present confidently on the realities and specials needs of the Japan market to senior global colleagues.
- Leadership and people management capabilities.
- Business-level Japanese and English are required.
Salary & Benefits
- Base salary for this position is up to 12M JPY.
- Annual bonus, flexible working, and standard company benefits.
- Regular business travel to the US and regional head offices.
Click the Apply Online button below, give us your details and we'll get back to you. Simple as that.